Hello to Our Sailing Community!
We are reaching out to you for your support in creating “The Mike Wagner Memorial Clinic.” We hope this will become an annual event to honor a man who was an active participant in and leader of various sailing communities across the Chesapeake.
The mission of this memorial clinic will be to keep Mike Wagner’s legacy of mentorship, community building, and sailing education alive. We want to put this together with very little cost to the participants. Mike was always passionate about making sailing accessible to those who might not have the financial resources to enjoy it; this focus on accessibility must remain at the heart of whatever we plan in his memory.
We Ask That You Donate Your Time and Share Your Knowledge!
The purpose of this clinic will have two goals:
- To unite an intergenerational community of sailors for a day of education, healthy competition, and promotion of the Corinthian spirit.
- To continue Mike’s infectious love for the sport of sailing and all the virtues it instills.
So, how can you help? We will need help with many things, including:
- Planning the logistics of the clinic (including a safety committee)
- Putting together chalk talks or presentations about sailing and teamwork
- Volunteering to be part of the clinic ‘staff’ for the day – with tasks ranging from running check-in to serving as race committee out on the water
- Finding boat owners who are willing to take out a crew of sailors on the day of the clinic
- Advertising the event across the region
Our hope is to hold the first clinic in either Summer or Fall 2024, or Spring 2025.
If you are willing to help us make the Mike Wagner Memorial Clinic a reality, please click the button below, scroll to the bottom of the document and fill out the questionnaire form by: October 31, 2023.